Guidance and forms

Information about making an appeal and what happens when a reference is made can be found in our guidance booklets.

Guidance booklets and forms can be downloaded from this website or, if you would like a copy sent to you, please contact us.

Completed forms need to be returned to the Adjudication Panel for Wales.

References from the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

Cases of alleged breaches by elected and co-opted members of an authority’s statutory code of conduct are referred, by the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales to the Adjudication Panel for Wales, for determination. The Ombudsman will carry out its own investigation into allegations of breaches before deciding whether to make a referral.

Appeals against standards committee decisions

Elected and co-opted members can make an appeal to the Adjudication Panel for Wales against a decision, by an authority’s standards committee, that the member has breached the authority’s statutory code of conduct.

Information for Witnesses

Witnesses can be called by the member who is the subject of the alleged breach to attend the tribunal hearing to provide evidence. The Adjudication Panel for Wales also has the power to call witnesses and in certain circumstances to summons witnesses to attend a tribunal hearing.

You may also find the frequently asked questions and glossary of terms page of our website helpful.